San Joaquin County
Family COVID Assistance Grant – Round 2
for homeowners and Renters
For assistance, please call (209) 762-5260 | Mon – Fri, 9 am – 6 pm
CITY OF STOCKTON
Emergency Rental Assistance Program
FOR LANDLORDS OF RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
For More Assistance
The City of Stockton’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program, launched on March 15, 2021, is intended to provide housing stability for families and individuals facing economic hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. An application for rental assistance may be submitted by either an eligible household or landlord on behalf of an eligible household for 100% of all past due rent accrued from April 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021.
Eligible renters are also encouraged to apply for utility relief for the same time period.
Assistance may include the following eligible expenditures:
- Unpaid tenant rent payments covering the period of April 1, 2020, to September 30, 2021 (up to 18 months of past due rental assistance), to help stabilize households by covering their past due rent amounts to prevent evictions.
- Funds will be paid directly to the landlord and/or utility providers.
- Eligible utility providers include PG&E, Cal Water, Garbage/Sewer, or other utility service provider.
ELIGIBLE PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS MUST:
- An individual who has been unemployed for the 90 days prior to applying.
- One or more tenants qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Provide documentation that verifies loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Have current income that does not exceed 80% of area median income (AMI) based on family size; households with income below 50% area median income (AMI) will be prioritized.
- Tenants may also be eligible for other housing expenses including relocations costs (such as rent and security deposits and rental fees, which may include application and/or screening fees.
- All payments for housing expenses must be supported by documentary evidence such as a bill or invoice.