Essential support grant program
The City of Stockton’s COVID 19 Essential Support Grant Program is made available through the CARES Act stimulus bill signed into law in March 2020 in response to COVID 19 pandemic. The program’s goal is to provide emergency funding to families and individuals experiencing immediate economic hardship caused by the COVID-19 public health crisis preventing households from being able to provide necessary provisions to their families.
Eligible households may receive assistance if there is a demonstrated or imminent need and if program funding is available. One-time grant assistance of $1,000 will be provided to no more than two (2) adult income-eligible individuals per household, with a maximum household grant assistance of $2,000. Each income-eligible individual must submit their own application.
Eligible program participants must:
- Be a resident of the City of Stockton prior to February 1, 2020.
- Have current income that does not exceed 100% of area Median income (AMI) for individuals and households based on family size.
|2020 Maximum Income Allowed Based on the Number of Persons inHousehold|
|Household||1 Person||2 Person||3Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
1) job loss;
2) a reduction of compensated hours of work;
3) business closure or reduction of operations
4) missing work due to a minor child’s school closure; or
5) other similarly-caused reason resulting in a loss of income due to COVID-19
- Basic applicant information on all household members over the age of 18 (name, date of birth, etc.)
- Identification that shows Stockton residency
- Completion of a W-9 form.
- Two (2) months of most recent paystubs, documentation of other income sources, or certification of no income.