THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!

Apply Here
English English Spanish Spanish

Program Information

El Concilio
209-644-2690
ERAP@elconcilio.org

ERAP Office
Waterfront Warehouse
445 W. Weber Ave. Suite 242
Stockton, CA 95203
(2nd Floor)

City of Stockton

Emergency Rental Assistance Program

for landlords of residential properties

The City of Stockton will launch its Emergency Rental Assistance Program on March 15, 2021. The Program is intended to provide housing stability for families and individuals facing economic hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. An application for rental assistance may be submitted by either an eligible household or by a landlord on behalf of an eligible household.

Landlords and eligible households are encouraged to work together during the application process to maximize the amount of assistance received for rental assistance and utility arrears. If a landlord agrees to participate in the program, the maximum funding that may be awarded to a landlord on behalf of a tenant is 80% of the eligible household’s unpaid rental debt covering up to a maximum 12 months, from April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021. As a condition of the award, a landlord must agree to waive the remaining 20% of the rental obligation outstanding for the time awarded.

If a landlord chooses not to participate, the tenant funding request for past due rent is limited to 25% of the eligible household’s unpaid rental debt accumulated from April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021 plus any outstanding utility arrears covering the same time period.

Qualified tenants will also be able to access funds to cover 25% of prospective rent for the months of April, May, and June of 2021, subject to funding availability.

Assistance may include the following eligible expenditures:

  • Unpaid tenant rent payments covering the period of April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021 (up to 12 months of past due rental assistance), to help stabilize households by covering their past due rent amounts to prevent evictions.
  • Eligible households may also receive an additional three (3) months, of future rent payments (April through June) if needed, to ensure housing stability, and if Program funding is available.
  • Funds will be paid directly to the landlord and/or utility providers.
  • Eligible utility providers include PG&E, Cal Water, Garbage/Sewer, or other utility service provider.

Eligible program participants must:

  • An individual who has been unemployed for the 90 days prior to applying.
  • One or more tenants qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19.
  • Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
  • Provide documentation that verifies loss of income due to COVID-19.
  • Have current income that does not exceed 80% of area median income (AMI) based on family size; households with income below 50% area median income (AMI) will be prioritized.

2020 maximum income allowed based on the number of persons in household  :

Household Size

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

50% AMI

$26,250

$30,000

$33,750

$37,500

$40,500

$43,500

$46,500

49,500

80% AMI

$42,000

$48,00

$54,000

$60,000

$64,800

$69,600

$74,400

$79,200

Required Documentation

  • W9 form signed by landlord acknowledging rent payment on behalf of tenant.
  • Valid identification for all applicants.
  • Tenant Authorization Form.
  • Basic applicant information for all household members.
  • Applicant information on all household members over the age of 18 
  • Verification of loss of income: Termination Notice, Unemployment Award Letter, Pay Stubs reflecting reduced salary, Bank Statements.
  • Copy of most recent past due utility bills in the name of the tenant of record on the eligible unit.

ReNT RELIEF LANDLORD PORTAL HELP

Adding, Verifying, and Editing Tenant Information

Entering Landlord Information

Reviewing and Adding Landlord and Tenant Documents